Thursday, April 12, 2012

Family Moment #3 - The Oregon Coast

For the last few days I've been enjoying some down time on the Oregon Coast.  It's SO BEAUTIFUL here.  My family has been taking trips here since 1998.  We've been to Oceanside, Netarts, Florence, Newport, but I think our favorite is Yachats.  Such a peaceful little town.

Here are a few pictures from past trips to let you know what you're missing.  :)

These first two pics were taken many years ago before I had a family of my own.  That's me putting two nieces and a nephew through Super Hero Training.  They had been cooped up inside for too long, but didn't want to go out in the wind so I had to find some way to entice them out.  Hence the blankets around our shoulders and Super Hero Training.

That little girl in the red is now almost 13 years old.  My how time flies!
You definitely don't go to the Oregon Coast for a warm beach experience.  You go to experience the beautiful mountains sweeping down to the ocean.  To see the waves CRASH into the rocks.  To explore tide pools and gaze at the blue water searching for whale spouts.  


That's the little town of Yachats you can see in the distance.

Some of my favorite pics of me and my hubby were taken on the Oregon Coast.  My sis-in-law was there with us and had her camera so we put her to work.  She's FANTASTIC.  I think they turned out so well because she just set us loose on the beach.  We played, she snapped.

The only down side was his facial hair.  He's in the military so he rarely gets to grow much.  So when we are on vacation he likes to have fun with it and experiment.  He had some crazy chops going on for these pictures.




This was just after he had threatened to dunk me, then saved me.

The last trip my husband and I made it on was when our little one was just 2 1/2 months old.  It was a different kind of trip for us, but still fun.



It's hard to see, but this is her little footprint next to her dad's.  Her's is on
the left of his.  Look next to his little toe and down. 


 This is probably what I'm looking at while you're reading this post.  I hope you have some place you enjoy going to just as much as I enjoy the Oregon Coast.  Talk to you in a few days!



3 comments:

  1. Wow Britt! What great pictures and memories! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was indy this trip aunt britt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so jealous the Oregon coast looks really extraordinary- beautiful pictures-Thanks for sharing this at Natural Mother's Seasonal Celebration Sunday! x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!