Sunday, April 1, 2012

This Weeks Works

It's been almost a week since I've posted anything!  It's not because I haven't been busy working on projects.  I actually finished a quilt last week, but the weather hasn't cooperated for decent pictures so I haven't managed a post regarding it.  Here's a sneak peak though...


I'm quite excited about this one.  It's cheerful and makes me happy.  Hopefully by mid-week I'll be able to get some decent pictures and share the full project with you.

I've also been doing some knitting the past few days.  These will be some fingerless gloves for another niece.  I'm using yet another free pattern I found on www.ravelry.com.  What a wonderful site!


And last but not least, I've been playing with fabric, trying to decide what to use for my next quilt.  This one has been a bit trickier.  You see the recipients have decided to be surprised by the gender of the child. In a way, I'm a little jealous of them.  I don't know that I can ever be flexible enough to NOT find out.  I like to plan, people!  This whole not finding out business does make it trickier to decide what materials to use in their quilt.  I think I'm about ready to start it though.


It's going to include shades of blue, red, green, orange, and yellow and I'll use the Zig Zag quilt pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew.  I'm super excited to try this one out.

Oh, and over the past few weeks, I've tried machine quilting my Log Cabin quilt again.  Still ain't happening.  This puppy is about to be taken to someone with long arm quilting capabilities.  I hate admitting defeat...

Hopefully this week I'll be able to show you some finished products!  How about you?  Have you had lots of time to work on lovely projects lately?

1 comment:

  1. Youve got alot of projects in the works lady! Cant wait to see the final products :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!