Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Easy Paper Pendant Bunting

{Say that post title 3 times fast!}

One thing that occupied my time this summer and kept me away from the computer was I had my first niece get married.  We tied several quilts for her, threw her a shower, and spent quite a bit of time helping my sister get ready for the wedding and deal with the craziness.

Just one of the many quilts we tied for her.
For the shower I offered to make a pendant bunting with the lovely couples name on it.  At first I thought I'd make a material one like I did here, but then I decided I didn't want to put all of that time and money into something that would just be used once or twice.  So I set about coming up with a cheap and easy way to make one.


I'm sure some of you are just thinking, "Why doesn't she just get out her Cricut or Silhouette to make the letters?"  Well, I'm in the .0001% of DIY ladies who does not own one of those machines.


So I bought some scrapbook paper that would feed through my printer, created the triangle shapes of the pendants in my word processing program, chose a font I liked, and typed up their names.  Then all I had to do was print them out, cut along my triangle shapes, and I had my pendants.  Then I used some matching bakers twine to join them together and embellished the whole thing with some cute paper flowers I picked up at the scrapbook store.  Not too bad huh?



Hmmm...looking at these pictures is making me think I should make a Thanksgiving one for my mantle.  My house is seriously lacking Thanksgiving/Fall decorations...


2 comments:

  1. I don't own a Cricut or Silhouette either, LOL! I love how your bunting turned out and I'm so glad to be following you. Your blog is great:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking bunting! And hey - I'm another doesn't have a cricut or silhouette!! There's more of us than you think!! :)

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!